Renovation of the Holy Spirit Tower of Riga Castle completed

14.08.2014

Partnership ‘SBRE’ has completed the renovation of the Holy Spirit Tower of Riga Castle under the Riga Castle renovation project. Interior works covering an area of 350 m2 have been completed, and the tower façade has been painted. The total area of the tower façade is more than 1,000 m2.

Builders’ partnership ‘SBRE’, which includes the construction companies ‘Skonto Būve’ and ‘Re&Re’, performed the renovation and construction of electricity grids and low-voltage networks at the Holy Spirit Tower, as well as exterior reconstruction works, replacement and repairs of the roof waterproofing cover, renovation of the interior wall and ceiling linings, paint restoration work, masonry restoration work, renovation of floorboards, parquet flooring construction, as well as the renovation of windows, doors and stairs.

Other ongoing renovation projects at Riga Castle are still active. In the near future, specialists from the German company ‘Otto Richter GmbH’ will complete the drying and disinfection of the building.

The construction work schedule for this autumn already provides for the complete renovation of Riga Castle’s permanent roof, facades and windows. Currently there are ongoing works involving the main staircase and the convent section roofing. Also, new permanent roof structures are being built at the Festival Hall.

The White Hall, Ambassadors’ Hall and Festival Hall of Riga Castle will be restored to their original splendour.

Currently the archaeological research at the Eastern Annex has been completed and the fortification of the building’s foundations in this section is still ongoing. The building’s external power grids have been fully reconstructed and its internal improvement works have been started.

The renovation and restoration of Riga Castle is scheduled to be concluded in November 2015.

The initial construction of Riga Castle on the banks of the River Daugava was started in 1330, when after defeat in the war of the Livonian Order (1297-1330), the residents of Riga were forced to build a new castle instead of the Order castle that had been destroyed during the war. However, the new castle was not built in the city centre, but right next to it, at the location of the former Holy Spirit Hospital. The Castle became the residence of the Livonian Order Masters.

In 1481, a new war broke out between the Livonian Order and the City of Riga, and the residents of Riga destroyed the Castle again in 1484. The only parts of the old castle that remained were a part of the Holy Spirit Tower (serving as a lighthouse on the side of the river) and a section of the protective wall. The Holy Spirit Tower suffered greatly during the Freedom fights, but was restored thereafter.


“Skonto Būve” begins part 2 of the “Centrus” block

11.07.2014

As part of the further development of the “Centrus” block and part 2 of the project, “Skonto Būve” has begun the construction of two 6-storey apartment buildings.

“Centrus” is a well-developed, beautiful, detached and high-quality area under development in the very heart of Riga. It is situated in the most active part of Riga in the block of buildings surrounded by Tērbatas, Dzirnavu, Blaumaņa and Krišjāņa Barona streets.

The first part of the construction of “Centrus” will begin in summer 2014, and it will be the construction of two 6-storey buildings which will house 84 apartments and commercial space on the ground floors of both buildings.

In addition to a peaceful and private living environment, a comfortable public area is also being created. A pedestrian promenade will connect Dzirnavu and Blaumaņa streets, thus creating an inner courtyard space which will house cafés, shops and well-equipped relaxation spots all adding to the block’s own special atmosphere and the life inside of it.


New building of VSIA “Pauls Stradins Clinical University Hospital” starts to take shape

08.07.2014

The 1st part of the construction of building A of the VSIA “Pauls Stradins Clinical

University Hospital” started in spring 2013. At the moment construction of the elements securing soil in place has been finished. 90% of the building of the foundation plate has been finished, including a preparatory layer, horizontal hydro-isolation and a protective layer. 80% of constructing the covering has been done, including walls, columns and vertical hydro-isolation. Assembly of the technical sewerage system within the power generating unit plate is under way.

The near future will see the taking out of the middle pressure gas pipe, assembly of inner courtyard networks, as well as assembly of the rain sewerage collector and inner engineering networks.

The contracting authority of the project is VSIA “Pauls Stradins Clinical

University Hospital”; the designer is SIA “Sarma & Norde” and the constructor is the open business venture “SBRE”.


Development of the Infrastructure of Ogre State Technical School

16.06.2014

Within the Ogre State Technical School infrastructure development project, construction work contract No. 9-5/05-1 was concluded.

The said construction work contract anticipates the reconstruction of the existing technical school building (Part A) and the construction of a new hangar for studies (Part C), as well as the construction of external engineering networks and improvement works.

The construction area and the deed was received from the Customer on 17 February, 2014 and demolition works were commenced.

The object must be put into operation by 31 July, 2015.

Currently, the demolition works in the object have been finished, and the pile foundation construction in both buildings and the external engineering network (an aqueduct and a sewerage network) construction works are underway.


Works continue in Riga Motor Museum

16.06.2014

In May 2013 the reconstruction of Riga Motor Museum was commenced in order to broaden the exposition space as much as possible, create a convenient and modern organisation of the entry and flow of visitors and make the museum available to all its visitors, especially with regard to disabled people. Project solutions envisage maintaining the historic form and functional scheme of the building as much as possible, while improving energy efficiency. Up to now we have finished the renovation works of the energy efficiency and visual appearance of the facades, made structural reinforcements, finished the construction of new engineering communications and finished the construction of a new staircase with an elevator, which will connect all the floors of the building thus making it much more accessible for disabled people. The room layout construction, interior decoration and engineering communication construction works are being continued, and the improvement of the territory is also underway. Construction works in the building have taken place in an area of more than 7000 m2, and the area to be improved is over 8000 m2.

Next to the Motor Museum building a new CSDD service centre is being built. This 5-storey building with modern façade and interior solutions with an area of 2500 m2, will be the home of the CSDD customer service centre and the office premises for CSDD employees.